Hostel: A home away from home
Pathfinder has a hostel facility exclusively for women. The hostel is spacious and well-furnished, with comfortable single and double rooms. Accommodation is available on a 'first come, first served' basis. Students can avail facilities like high security and surveillance, four times meals per day, library, and laundry services in the hostel. Charges of accommodation are given below:
- Triple bed-room occupancy with AC: Rs. 65000 for one academic session.
- Double bed-room occupancy with AC: Rs. 75000 for one academic session.
- Single bed-room occupancy without AC: Rs. 75000 for one academic session.
Rules and regulations
Student should read the rules before signing the application form. Students are expected to abide by the rules and regulations in order to ensure discipline, failure to which may make a student liable to censure /disciplinary action.
- Any misleading or false information in the application form shall render the admission for termination and on such termination, students shall not be entitled to stay and/or enter the hostel.
- The administration reserves the right to terminate the occupancy of the student for any willful disobedience or defiance of authority, non-observance or frequent violation of hostel rules, causing damage to person or property or indulging in anti-national or undesirable activities. In such cases the deposit shall be forfeited and fees will NOT be refunded.
- The hostel room will be allotted for one academic session. A student will have to vacate the hostel within five days of completion of enrolled course.
- Basic furniture and mattresses shall be provided in the rooms. Residents are required to make their own arrangements like bed sheet, blanket and pillow.
- A student shall not change/interchange her room with another student or shift into a vacant room without the permission of the administrator.
- No student will be allowed to enter the hostel after 6:30 PM. There are no exceptions to this. Student has to sign the attendance register every day before 7:00 PM. After that the student is not allowed to go out of the hostel.
- The administrator has the discretion to inspect any room at any time.
- The students should be decently dressed when they are out of rooms.
- Hostel authorities will not be responsible for any loss of money, jewelry or personal belongings of any student. Students are advised not to keep any cash/jewelry or any costly items in the room.
- No personal guests are allowed to stay in the hostel.
- No cooking (including making tea and coffee) is allowed in the hostel rooms.
- Any case of illness shall be reported immediately to the hostel administration. If necessary, the students will be shifted to the hospital. Medical facilities shall be provided at the expense of the resident.
- Strict silence shall be observed in hostel from 10.00 PM to 6.00 AM. Care should be taken at all times to ensure that music/loud talking is NOT audible outside the room. Any manner of festivities and noise making/celebrations will not be entertained, which may cause disturbance to other inmates in the hostel premises.
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking and gambling is strictly prohibited within the hostel. The same shall apply to visitors also.
- Parents/visitors are allowed to visit a student only in the visitor’s lobby on the service floor between 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM. No student shall take any visitor including her parents to the room.
- No wet clothes should be dried on the furniture or in corridors or balconies. The administrator has the right to confiscate any such clothes hung for drying in the balconies or corridors.
- No electric appliances shall be permitted in the room. Only use of mobile and laptop chargers are allowed. No additional extension from the electrical switches are allowed.
- The lights in the bathroom should be used only as and when necessary and shall not be kept on when the bathroom is not used. While leaving the room students should take care to put off the lights and AC without fail.
- Students shall NOT bring any extra furniture or other fixtures in the room. All furniture and fixtures in the rooms allotted to students shall be cared for property. Students shall be required to pay 75% original cost of any item found missing from their room. Students shall also be required to pay the charges of repair to items that are found to have been willfully damaged or have been damaged on account of misuse or unfair wear and tear.
- Students shall not interchange any furniture/ fixture from one point/location in the hostel to another. Besides a penal recovery, students involved in such activities shall be expelled from the hostel.
- Students shall not drive any pegs or nails into walls or stick posters on walls, windows and doors.
- Students shall treat the staff and housekeeping staff of the hostel with due courtesy at all times. Service of the housekeeping staff shall NOT be utilized for private or personal work. No tips in cash or kind will be given to the staff of the hostel.