3 Days – Online Workshop on QSAR and Pharmacophore Modeling
Ligand based drug discovery is an essential arm in pharmaceutical industry for designing new effective molecules for a given disease even in the absence of target information. QSAR and Pharmacophore Screening are two such techniques that facilitate drug designer to use structure activity relation of molecule to improve the therapeutic index. This workshop aims to provide theoretical and hands-on training on QSAR and Pharmacophore Screening with its implementation in drug designing. The course includes step-by-step guidance to the methodologies and the related hands-on.
- Ligand based drug design overview
- Chemical Database for small molecules
- 1D, 2D, 3D descriptor calculation using online and installed tools
- QSAR modeling overview
- Dataset Creation for QSAR
- Create own QSAR model using 'R'
- QSAR model testing and validation using ‘R’
- Overview on Pharmacophore Design
- Hands-on Pharmacophore Screening and Modeling tool.
Duration of training : 3 Days (04th Sep - 06th Sep)
Timings : 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Commencement of registration : 18th Aug, 2020
Eligibility criteria : B.Sc. / B.Tech. / M.Tech./ M.Sc. /Ph.D.
Fee : Rs.800/- (Including GST)
Participants successfully completing the training program will be provided with certificate.
The entire training will be online and shall have following prerequisites:
- Participants must have access to the laptop/desktop with stable internet connection.
- Basic knowledge of computer will be beneficial.