5 days - Online Workshop on Basic Bioinformatics Tools and Techniques
Bioinformatics has emerged as one such promising discipline that proved its importance from genomics to proteomics and from detecting biomarkers to designing new drug molecules. Fundamentals of Bioinformatics are essential for professional excellence in this field. We are offering a short workshop on the Fundamentals of Bioinformatics. This workshop will cover hands-on and specialized lectures on databases, genomics and proteomics tools, and structural analysis to understand the broad utility of bioinformatics.
- Day 1: Introduction to Bioinformatics | Biological Databases (Nucleotide sequence, Protein sequence and their structure)
- Day 2: Sequence Alignment | Homology Searching
- Day 3: Gene Prediction | Phylogenetic analysis
- Day 4 and 5: Modeling of Protein 3D structure and annotation | Protein-Protein Structural Alignment.
Duration of training : 5 Days (01st November - 05th November)
Timings : 06:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Commencement of registration : 15th October, 2020
Eligibility criteria :B.Sc. / B.Tech. / M.Sc.
Fee : Rs.600/- (Including GST)
Participants successfully completing the training program will be provided with certificate.
- Participants must have access to the laptop/desktop with stable internet connection.
- Basic knowledge of biology & computer application will be beneficial.